Image by shutterstock
Clothing For Seniors With Arthritis For Independent Living
April 18, 2020 | Fashion & Beauty | By Lisa Smith
Seniors living with arthritis suffer from restricted joint movements and function which cause significant challenges for dressing and undressing on their own. These seniors can benefit from adaptive clothing which is designed with their special needs in mind.
Clothing generally has smaller zippers and buttons which make it difficult for seniors living with arthritis to cope. The type of fabric used in making clothing can also cause certain inconveniences. Adaptive clothing assists these seniors by providing
- Clothes that are easier to put on
- Clothes that are easier to take off
- Ease in handling clips, zippers, and other fasteners
- Ease of access to the closure
- Stylish designs
Some products for these seniors living with arthritis may include
- Women: There are comfortable side opening adaptive arthritis pants available for older women living with arthritis. It features an easy access hook and loop fastener on each side. This will make it easier to wear and to remove and is also very fashionable.
- Men: There is easy access to open side pants available for older men living with arthritis. These classic looking adjustable waist pants feature an easy touch strap brand closure which is designed for easy access and is also very fashionable.
Dresses such as the women’s wrap skirts are available for seniors with arthritis for independent living. It features an easy touch which is great for women who are wheelchair users or have arthritis in their hands.
There are a variety of adaptive clothing tops that are available for seniors living with arthritis, some of which include
- Adaptive wheelchair top for women: this top is very fashionable and comfortable. It is perfect for seniors living with arthritis or are disabled or wheelchair dependent.
- Magnetic buttons men’s shirt: this is an adaptive top which is specially designed for older men living with arthritis. It’s a men’s long sleeve shirt with magnets to ease its wearing and removal. It of very high quality, stylish and very functional.
Shoes are an essential part of clothing and won’t be left out when considering seniors living with arthritis. Some adaptive shoes include
- Women’s adaptive arthritis easy closure terry cloth slippers: this is easy to wear a shoe which is very affordable and fashionable for women. It is very convenient for seniors living with arthritis who have limited hand dexterity.
- Men’s wide fit prophet shoes: this shoe is very comfortable older men with very wide fittings. It is easy to wear and very affordable.
Seniors living with arthritis can now find fashionable, affordable and easy-to-get on clothing for their day to day activities. This clothing will be of great benefit to these seniors as it offers clothes that increase the quality of their lives.