Image by shutterstock
Ways to Resist Sex Outside of Marriage after 50
June 9, 2019 | Sex | By Lisa Smith
Whether you’re in a long-term relationship or you’re a newlywed, temptation doesn’t discriminate. Often times a wandering eye can get in the way of an otherwise satisfying partnership. Infidelity is a leading cause of divorce today and many fall victim to the same trap. By resisting sexual encounters with those other than your spouse, you’re actually deepening the bond that you have with them. While it’s not always easy, there’s a number of ways to resist the potential pleasures around you.
Here are the Lets50 suggestions for seniors over 50 to avoid the extra-marital trap:
- Communicate frequently- Rigorous honesty is crucial. Say the younger grocery clerk has been making more flirtations lately. Rather than keeping this a dirty little secret that is likely to evolve, it’s important that you share with your partner. This creates accountability within your relationship which keeps it stable.
- Continue Dating- Set aside time with your partner to spend quality time. Use this time to set goals and dream about the future, like your next trip together. Don’t limit this time to just monetary goals. Spend the private time you have afterwards maybe planning an intimate activity in the coming week.
- Keep it Hot- Within your own relationship, keep it spicy. Designate specific nights as commitments to get a little wilder. What’s been missing? Candles? Chocolate? Get creative and imagine satisfying your deepest fantasies. Does your partner like something particular? Show up ready to get to work and be prepared for a good time as you bond together.
- Avoid Triggers- Pornography kills love. It will strip a healthy relationship of the very special thing that happens. If you find yourself becoming distracted by adult films, it’s likely that you’re not going to be able to give your partner the sexual energy needed to continue your relationship. Talk to you partner about potentially enjoying this together. Bringing them into your sexual interests will help them be a better sexual partner to you.
- Cut it Off- Are there friendships that are just a little bit more than that? If you feel like you’re having some dangerous attraction with someone else close to you, it may be best to distance yourself from that relationship.
Whether you’re abstaining for religious purposes or moral, a relationship can be tempting when the chemistry is cooking. There’s a number of ways to be satisfied in a friendly relationship without sexual interaction.
Here are the Lest50 baseline points for getting your groove on in a non-sexual way:
- Keep Company- Even when out for a hot pot date, things can start getting steamy over that hot dumpling soup. To avoid dirty talk that often turns into a little bit more, bring friends. A double date helps create healthy conversation that doesn’t deviate.
- Day Dates- Mom always said nothing good happens after dark, and it’s true. Night time has its way about concealing any wandering hands. Try doing something during the day like kayaking, or tennis. A little competition keeps the right energy while you can bond over the activity.
- Common Areas- Inviting a date over is a sure-fire way of getting into some hot water. Inviting someone into an intimate place also means inviting them to get to know you intimately. So keep your dates casual and in a common area like a coffee shop which keeps a safe environment.
- Communicate- This is the most critical piece. If your partner doesn’t know your boundaries, how can they tell if they’ve crossed a line? Communicate with your partner what you want them to know. Challenge them to get to know you on a deeper spiritual and emotional level.
- Create Accountability- Whether it’s your church group or just a group on Facebook, involve yourself with other individuals that are like minded. There are a number of ways to get involved with other seniors that are over 50 years and making the same decisions that you are. Having a culture of accountability allows for you to be up front and proud of your decisions.
Monogamy can be challenging for many. You may know a number of people who apparently manage both their marriage and separate sexual relationships. What it appears to be from the outside isn’t always accurate? Regardless of how good it looks, infidelity breaks relationships. Recognize the fact that there is so much for you to explore within your own relationship. Over time, our changed bodies and minds leave us more open to explore new and different experiences. Together, you will still be able to share a magnificent and loving relationship without infidelity.